iOS 7 release time and how to update – download
Clear and easy-to-use tutorial to download and update the new Apple iOS 7
Here we go, the wait is almost over: today Apple will release its next-generation operating system, iOS 7.
The event is scheduled for 7:00 pm (CET): if you are impatient, here you can find the download link (with installation tutorial) for the Gold Master version of the OS, that’s virtually identical to the official release.
Now, let’s see how to install the new iOS 7 in few easy steps (Click HERE for the italian version):
1) First of all, you must perform a backup of your device.
2) When the backup is over, you should restore your device to factory settings.
FIRST WAY: UPDATE VIA iTUNES
1) Download the latest version of iTunes. http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
2) Open iTunes, connect your device via USB and select it. You will find it under the heading “devices”.
3) Join the “summary” panel, then click on “verify updates” and select iOS 7
4) Confirm the download and don’t disconnect the device until the update in finished.
SECOND WAY: UPDATE VIA OTA
1) Make sure that your device is properly connected to your wireless home network.
2) Go to Settings > General > Software Update: an automatic procedure will start and verify the status of your device.
3) The download of iOS 7 will start automatically. Once downloaded, click on “Install” and wait for the operation to complete.
If you follow strictly all of the steps listed above, within a few minutes you’ll already be able to use iOS 7.